The Crossroads Conference will take place in two primary venues: The Halifax Central Library (on Friday, March 15th) and the Collaborative Health Education Building (CHEB) at Dalhousie University (on Saturday, March 16th).
Both venue locations are accessible and are within a ten-minute trip to accommodations at the Lord Nelson Hotel. The Halifax Central Library has gender neutral bathrooms on the 1st and 3rd floors. The CHEB has a gender-neutral bathroom on each floor.
- The Lord Nelson Hotel: 1515 South Park St, Halifax, NS, B3J 2L2
- Halifax Central Library – Venue for Conference Day 1: 5440 Spring Garden Rd , Halifax, NS B3J 1E9
- Collaborative Health Education Building (CHEB) – Venue for Conference Day 2: 5793 University Ave, Halifax, NS, B3H 1V7
Attendees are responsible for scheduling their travel to and from Crossroads.
Please note that Crossroads is not responsible for any losses or damage experienced as a result of delegate travel to and/or from the event.
A block of rooms is being offered at a preferred rate to travelling attendees by the Lord Nelson Hotel (1515 South Park St, Halifax). The Lord Nelson is within walking distance to Crossroads venues. Rooms can be booked by attendees for $129.00 (CAD) per night based on single or double occupancy, plus applicable taxes and fees.
To book hotel accommodations at the preferred rate, please contact the Lord Nelson Hotel at 902-423-5130 or 1-800-565-2020. Rooms must be booked prior to March 8th, 2019 to receive this special offer.
We are happy to confirm that for the upcoming conference, we are able to offer flight discounts with West Jet and Porter Airlines.
WestJet is offering 5% off Econo* and 10% off EconoFlex and Premium fares for travel within Canada and 2% off Econo*, 5% off EconoFlex and 10% off Premium base fares for guests travelling Trans-border** into and out of Halifax.
To take advantage of this offer, you will need the discount code listed. Please visit www.westjet.com/conventions to make a booking online.
Travel from: March 8 – 23, 2019
|West Jet Coupon code:||3P1O6MC|
|West Jet Promo code:
*Travel Agent use only
Porter Airlines is proud to offer a 10% discount on available base fares (with the exception of the lowest class fare during a public seat sale) for travel to and from Crossroads 2019. The discounted fares are available for booking from November 16, 2018 to March 17, 2019 and available for travel:
From: Anywhere in Canada or US To: Halifax Dates: March 15, 2019 – March 17, 2019
From: Halifax To: Anywhere in Canada or US Dates: March 15, 2019 – March 17 2019
Please book online at https://www.flyporter.com/en-ca/?promocode=CROS19 or through your travel agent using promo code “CROS19”.
Airport to Halifax
Several travel options are available, including:
- Driver Dave’s (airport shuttle) – https://driverdaves.com/
- We have arranged a partnership with Driver Dave’s to get you from Stanfield International Airport to downtown Halifax. Driver Dave’s is a student oriented door-to-door shuttle transportation service that makes travel to and from Halifax both easy and affordable! Driver Dave’s is a great alternative to taxi or car service (approx. $60-70 one way).
- Special Deal – Book Driver Dave’s online using the code CROSS2019.
- If 3 or more other students book using the same code within the same approximate arrival time as your flight, you will all receive a discounted ride ($20 CAD one way).
- If there are two of you, it is $25 CAD each one way.
- If fewer than 3 students book using the same code, your ride will be regular price ($35 CAD one way).
- Consider planning your travel in advance with other students from your area to take advantage of this great deal.
- Car Services – https://halifaxstanfield.ca/transportation/taxi-limos/
- Halifax Transit – https://halifaxstanfield.ca/transportation/bus-services/
For those not flying to Halifax, other travel options include: