The Crossroads Conference will take place in two primary venues: The Halifax Central Library (on Friday, March 13th) and the Collaborative Health Education Building (CHEB) at Dalhousie University (on Saturday, March 14th).
Both venue locations are accessible and are within a ten-minute trip to accommodations at the Lord Nelson Hotel. The Halifax Central Library has gender neutral bathrooms on the 1st and 3rd floors. The CHEB has a gender-neutral bathroom on each floor.
- The Lord Nelson Hotel: 1515 South Park St, Halifax, NS, B3J 2L2
- Halifax Central Library – Venue for Conference Day 1: 5440 Spring Garden Rd , Halifax, NS B3J 1E9
- Collaborative Health Education Building (CHEB) – Venue for Conference Day 2: 5793 University Ave, Halifax, NS, B3H 1V7
General Travel Awards
The Crossroads 2020 organizing committee is pleased to announce that we are offering seven (7) travel awards to student presenters at Crossroads 2020. The travel award (ARV: $250) will cover:
- Friday night accommodation at the Lord Nelson Hotel (Downtown Halifax)
- Full weekend conference registration
All travel, meals, and incidentals are the responsibility of the student.
In order to be considered for a travel award, students must:
- Reside outside of Halifax and the surrounding area. Please include where you are traveling from and the distance being traveled (km) in the submission.
- Have submitted an abstract for presentation to Crossroads 2020.
- Provide a list of estimated travel expenses.
To apply for a travel award, please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Monday, January 27th, 2020, 11:59 pm (AST). Awards will be given to eligible students based on estimated travel expenses and abstract ranking. Successful candidates will be notified by end of day Friday, January 31st, 2020.
Attendees are responsible for scheduling their travel to and from Crossroads.
Please note that Crossroads is not responsible for any losses or damage experienced as a result of delegate travel to and/or from the event.
A block of rooms is being offered at a preferred rate to travelling attendees by the Lord Nelson Hotel (1515 South Park St, Halifax). The Lord Nelson is within walking distance to Crossroads venues. Rooms can be booked by attendees for $135.00 (CAD) per night based on single or double occupancy, plus applicable taxes and fees.
To book hotel accommodations at the preferred rate, please contact the Lord Nelson Hotel at 902-423-5130 or 1-800-565-2020. Rooms must be booked prior to March 11th, 2020 to receive this special offer.
- If 3 or more delegates book using the same code within the same approximate arrival time as your flight, you will all receive a our group fare ($20 CAD one way).
- If there are two of you within the same approximate arrival time, it is $25 CAD each one way.
- If only one delegate books during your timeframe, your ride will be our individual fare ($35 CAD one way). With your delegate volume, we anticipate this to be unusual.
PLEASE book online in advance, sooner the better, and book your return ride at the same time so we can group your times together so everyone has the best rate. Their confirmation emails will likely have their normal pricing initially, but it will be adjusted once they are able to group delegate attendees together.
Receipts are available, please ask your driver. (Note: They will have other shuttle customers in the same rides, the rate structure applies to the number of Crossroads conference members in your ride only.)
Porter Airlines is proud to offer a 10% discount on available base fares (with the exception of the lowest class fare during a public seat sale) for travel to and from Crossroads Health Research Conference 2020. The discounted fares are available for booking from Oct 09, 2019 to Mar 15, 2020 and available for travel:
From: Anywhere in Canada or US – To: Halifax
From: Mar 12, 2020 To: Mar 14, 2020
From: Halifax – To: Anywhere in Canada or US
From: Mar 13 2020 To: Mar 15, 2020
Please book online at https://flyporter.com/Flight?culture=en-CA&promocode=CROSS20 or through your travel agent using promo code “CROSS20”.
Porter offers complimentary in-flight snacks and beverages (including beer and wine), GatePorter service for carry-on and access to the Porter Lounge in Toronto and Ottawa, where free Wi-Fi and comfortable, leather seating is available. The promo code is intended for use by conference attendees and organizers and is not meant for distribution outside of authorized channels. Porter’s fare rules and conditions apply. For any questions regarding Porter’s services or any pre-travel concerns, contact us at 1-888-619-8622.
Porter Airlines est fière d’offrir une réduction de 10% sur tous les tarifs de base (à l’exception des tarifs de la plus basse classe lors d’une période de vente promotionnelle) pour les déplacements à destination et au retour de Crossroads Health Research Conference 2020. Ces tarifs réduits sont offerts pour les réservations faites à partir du 09 oct jusqu’au 15 mars 2019 et visent les déplacements : Lieu : Dates du déplacement : Départ : n’importe où au Canada ou EU Destination: Halifax Du: Mar 12, 2020 Au: Mar 14 2020 Départ: Halifax Destination: n’importe où au Canada ou EU Du: Mar 13, 2020 Au: Mar 15, 2020 Veuillez réserver en ligne à l’adresse https://flyporter.com/Flight?culture=enCA&promocode=CROSS20 ou par l’entremise de votre agent de voyages et utiliser le code promotionnel ‘CROSS20’. Porter offre à titre gracieux des collations et des boissons (y compris bière et vin) durant ses vols, le service GatePorter pour les bagages de cabine et l’accès aux salons des voyageurs Porter à Toronto et à Ottawa, qui comprennent l’accès Wi-Fi gratuit et des sièges en cuir confortables. Ce code est réservé aux participants et organisateurs de conférences et ne doit pas être diffusé en dehors des canaux autorisés. Les modalités relatives aux tarifs de Porter s’appliquent. Pour toute question concernant les services de Porter ou en cas de préoccupation avant votre déplacement, veuillez communiquer avec nous au 1 888 619-8622.
Westjet is happy to confirm that for the upcoming Crossroads Health Research Conference, we are able to offer 5% off Econo* and 10% off EconoFlex and Premium fares for travel within Canada and 2% off Econo*, 5% off EconoFlex and 10% off Premium base fares for guests travelling Trans-border into and out of Halifax, Nova Scotia. To take advantage of this offer, you will need the discount code listed. Please visit www.westjet.com/conventions to make a booking online.
Travel from: March 6-21, 2020
*Guest web/Travel Agent web
*Travel Agent GDS only
Thank you for choosing Air Canada as the official airline for your event, Crossroads Health Research Conference, which will be held Friday, March 13, 2020 to Saturday, March 14, 2020.
This a promotion code for the convention product. To book a flight with your promotion code, access aircanada.com and enter your promotion code in the search panel.
To qualify for the Meeting and Conventions special fares a minimum of 10 delegates is required travelling from various origins to the same destination within Air Canada’s extensive North American and international network. Customers will benefit from an instant online registration and enjoy a 10% discount on eligible fares.
Your promotion code: A6W8DB61 (This promotion code can be used for 100 passengers on aircanada.com.)
- The booking is to be made to the following city: Halifax, YHZ (NS)
- The travel period begins Friday, March 06, 2020 and ends Saturday, March 21, 2020.
- Travel is valid Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
- No discount will apply to Tango bookings for travel within Canada or between Canada and the U.S. For International travel (destinations outside North America), discounts apply to all fares including Tango.
- However, all bookings made using the promotion code will count toward the minimum 10 passenger requirement for Meetings and Conventions events.