The 16th annual Crossroads Interdisciplinary Health Research Conference was held Friday, March 9 and Saturday, March 10, 2018 in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The Annual Crossroads Interdisciplinary Health Research Conference is a national, student-led health and wellness research conference taking place March 9th and 10th, 2018 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Now in its 16th year, Crossroads is hosted annually by the Graduate Student Society at the School of Health and Human Performance, Dalhousie University and is one of the longest-running events of its kind. Crossroads is an adjudicated, peer-reviewed event for student researchers at all levels of study and offers a unique opportunity to showcase and engage in dialogue about innovative health research. Additionally, it provides a forum for interdisciplinary learning and collaboration between students and experts. The conference welcomes submissions from students in a wide range of health-related disciplines for oral and poster presentations.
Who Should Attend
This conference is of interest to student researchers at any level of study (including undergraduate, graduate, professional, and post-doctoral). Students studying any topic related to health and wellness or the social determinants of health are invited to submit an abstract for consideration. The planning committee strongly encourages submission of projects related to interprofessional or interdisciplinary health topics and/or approaches to health challenges.
News & Updates
- March 7, 2018: Our full conference program, updated registration package, and information on our app is now online at Conference Schedule & Program.
- February 22, 2018: The schedule is updated with speaker times.
- February 9, 2018: Our Speakers page now has biographies of our workshop leaders and key note speaker.
- January 3, 2018: The Crossroads 2018 organizing committee is pleased to announce that we are offering four (4) travel awards to student presenters at Crossroads 2018 courtesy of the Health and Human Performance Graduate Student Society. Find out more in our Visitor and Travel Information section.
- November 21, 2017: We are pleased to announce we have partnered with WestJet to offer students a discounted airfare rate to attend Crossroads. Find out more in our Visitor and Travel Information section.
- October 18, 2017: We have arranged a partnership with Driver Dave’s to get you from Stanfield International Airport to downtown Halifax. Driver Dave’s is a student-oriented door-to-door shuttle transportation service that makes travel to and from Halifax both easy and affordable! Driver Dave’s is a great alternative to taxi or car service (approx. $60-70 one way). Find out more in our Visitor and Travel Information section.